Friday, January 6, 2012

WOD January 6, 2012 - Time to Move Up

Dead lift 3-3-3-3-3
Then...
10 ring dips
15 sumo dead lifts (135 for RX)
20 box jumps (24" for RX)
4 Rounds

Time: 00:12:49

Workout Info
Dead lift: 215lbs
Ring Dips: Blue band
Sumo Dead lift: 135 lbs
Box Jumps: 20"

I finished it fast.  La-de-freaking-da.  I could have RXd this entire workout without question.  When the workout was over, Justin came over and said, "Time to move up to the big box?"  Yeah, it is time.  It is an additional 4" for RX for men.  4" is nothing for a person my size.  Time to start doing it and just do it.  Whats the worst that happens, I fall down?  Good, I fall down.  But then I get up and jump on the box.  I read a line yesterday: TODAY I WILL NOT BE BEAT BY AN INANIMATE OBJECT.  I'm done being beat by an inanimate object.
Sumo dead lift felt great.  It was NOT a high pull as most of us thought.  Just a wide stance dead lift.  Piece of cake, hammered those out no problem
Advanced on the ring dips from green band to blue band.  Hands are still shaky at times but I think strengthening my core and tightening it up while working out will help.
Dead lifts were a piece of cake.  215 pounds felt like nothing.  I'm curious to see how far I can push myself on that.  Tomorrow I might play around with that a little bit more and see how high I can get.  I think I can PR around 250 pounds no problem.
Biggest takeaway for today: time to move up to bigger and better things and stop limiting myself to what I think is my limits.  My only limit is the limit I impose on myself.

I'm getting stronger.  I'm getting more confident.  I'm getting better.  Results are showing on the blog and in the books.  Results are showing on me too.  Loving CrossFit, if you haven't tried it out give it a shot.  It may not be for everyone, but it is definitely for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment