Thursday, January 5, 2012

WOD January 5, 2012 - Get it Done

4 Tasks
1000m row
100 burpees
100 russian twists (14 lb medicine ball)
100 lunges
Get em done as fast as you can and in any order and in any way.  Get em done.

Heres how I got it done
500 m row
then...
10 burpees
10 RT
10 lunges
5 rounds
then...
250 m row
then...
20 burpees
20 RT
20 lunges
20 burpees
30 RT
30 lunges
10 burpees
250 m row

Time: 00:26:48

...and it sucked.  Just all out sucked.  Thats a lot of work done in 27 minutes.  But I'll get better, I have been.  The only part that was really hard was the burpees.  It is hard for a tall guy like me to do 100 burpees.  That's 600 feet dropped and 600 feet up, plus a hop at the end.  Think about it, my body travled OVER 1200 feet today, on burpees alone.  I tried doing the push ups at the end of the burpee, but my body was not having any of that.

Takeaway for today.  RT are good for abs, and you can really breeze through those if you push through it.  Lunges are a cake after doing CrossFit for about a month.  Lunges don't burn anymore.  Burpees suck, but they get the heart rate up.  Burpees suck but burpees are so freaking good for you.  And finally, rowing at the end of a workout is just plain sick and disgusting.  If I could do this again, 1000m row right off the bat.  Just get it done.  Thursday, January 5, just get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment