Saturday, January 21, 2012

Strength Training Saturday

Decided to take it a little easier today and focus on weight training and ditch the WOD.  Two goals, max bench and max dead lift.  Bench press goal of 200 pounds and a dead lift goal of 250 pounds. 
Ever have one of those days where you feel like you have no strength? That'd be today.
BP got to 155 no problem, 165 no problem, 175 felt like 500. Finished the day at 170 matching my previous personal record.

DL was a lot better.  Started at about 175 and worked my way up to 275 no problem.  Felt very confident I could do more but didn't want to push my body into a state of hurt going into next week.
Good day of lifting is gonna lead to a good day of workouts.  The cough and the congestion is pretty much gone and I'm ready to get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment