Wednesday, January 4, 2012

WOD January 4, 2012 - Snatcharoo

Snatch Review
THEN
3 Snatches
6 Toes to Bar
9 Wall balls
AMRAP in 12 minutes

Weights
Snatches 55 pounds
Wall Balls 14 pounds

Reviewed and really got good practice in something new today-the snatch.  I've never done it except in my fundamentals class and that was with a PVC pipe.  First time doing it with weight.  Felt good doing it and I think my form will get better with additional weight.  55 pounds still allowed me to essentially fling it up over my head.
Wall balls are ready to be increased in weight.  I've been doing 14 pounders since I started and today I was launching them up.  Ready to move that weight up now.
Things to work on: snatch and toe to bar.  Snatch I have, just need to perfect the form.  Toes to bar I am nowhere close to having.  My body just doesn't move in that way yet.  I think that is a good place for me to work on and try to get better at. 
Takeaway from today is that the WODs are always different and that means you have to be different and adapt on the fly.  Never did a snatch but after a quick refresher I was throwing them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment