Tuesday, January 3, 2012

WOD January 3, 2012 - Toasted

20 Pullups
30 KB Swings
120 Jump ropes
5 rounds for time

2 rounds of pullups with a green band, 3 rounds of jumping pullups
35 lb kb swings for all five rounds
Attempted double unders but just couldn't get it done today

Good news, I tried going down on the KB weight because "I thought I couldn't do anymore" and lonebehold, I could do more.  90 more that is.  Felt like I was going to throw the weight through the window.

After 40 pullups I had to transition to jumping pullups and even then this workout was hard.  After doing the third round of jumproping it felt as if there was a garden gnome lighting a book of matches and place them on my shoulder.   I felt like I was on fire.

Quote of the day from Black Hills CrossFit, "The bulk/cut approach holds that you can either add muscle or lose bodyfat, and that all training should be concerned with one or the other. This assumes that aesthetics is the criterion by which progress is measured, that pictures therefore tell the story, and that picture magazines can be the arbiters of success. This type of thinking completely ignores the performance aspects of training, and performance is much more easily and rapidly influenced. Rapid, quantifiable progress keeps motivation high, much higher than waiting for a six-pack that may or may not show up." 

I've looked through my progress and I'm motivated.  Toasted, but motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment